À chaque fois, c’est la même histoire. Je ne me souviens pas des instructions pour nettoyer l’humidificateur des filles… Et je passe 10 minutes à le chercher… Puis un autre 5 minutes à le trouver sur Internet. Pour la prochaine fois, il sera ici. Instructions pour un Bionaire BCM658 (livret en PDF :
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Humidifiers provide comfort by adding moisture to dry, heated indoor air. To benefit most from the humidifier and avoid product misuse, follow all instructions carefully. Please note that this is an electrical appliance and requires attention when in use.
In addition, if you do not follow the recommended care and maintenance guidelines, micro-organisms may be able to grow in the water within the water reservoir. You must routinely follow the cleaning procedures that follow in order to ensure proper, efficient operation of your humidifier. Proper maintenance and cleaning is essential to the continued performance of your unit and the avoidance of algae or bacteria build-up.
1. Be sure the unit is OFF and is disconnected from the electrical outlet.
2. Remove the housing and the reservoir from the humidifier and place in sink or tub.
3. Carry the base of the unit to the sink, remove the wick place in sink, drain any remaining water and rinse thoroughly to remove any sediment or dirt. Wipe clean, and dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
4. Drain the water from the reservoir into the sink and rinse reservoir thoroughly. Wipe clean, and dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
5. Put filter back in, replace the housing, then refill reservoir with cool tap water as instructed earlier in the Filling Instructions. Do not overfill.
6. Follow Operating Instructions.
To Remove Scale:
1. Repeat steps 1-4 in the Daily Maintenance section.
2. Clean the base by partially filling the base with one 8- oz cup of undiluted white vinegar, or by using Clean AwayTM (Model DMS216) by the manufacturer. Leave this solution in the base for 20 minutes, while cleaning all the interior surfaces with a soft brush. Remove base scale by wiping the base with a cloth dampened with undiluted white vinegar.
3. Rinse with clean warm water to remove the cleaning solution before disinfecting the reservoir.
TO DISINFECT RESERVOIR
1. Fill humidifier reservoir 1/2 full with water and 1/2 tablespoon of chlorine bleach.
2. Let the solution stand for 20 minutes, swishing every few minutes. Wet all surfaces.
3. Carefully empty the reservoir after 20 minutes, and rinse with warm water until you can not detect any bleach smell. Dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
4. Place filter back into reservoir and refill the water reservoir as directed in Operating Instructions, and turn the unit on.
If your humidifier will not be in use for two days or more, or at the end of the season follow these instructions.
1. Clean and dry the humidifier thoroughly as per the “Weekly Maintenance” instructions.
2. Let the humidifier dry completely before storing. Do not store with water inside the base or water reservoir.
3. Remove the reservoir cap. Do not store with the reservoir cap in place.
4. Follow Filter Washing Procedure before storage. Ensure that the filter is completely dry before being stored.
5. Store in a cool dry location.